A hearing aid ear grip1 is a small attachment that helps keep your hearing aid speakers / receivers securely in place. Ear grips only work with RITE and BTE hearing aid models with domes. Do not attempt the steps in this article if you have custom ear moulds. You must select the correct type of ear grip for your hearing aid model.
For different manufacturer models, the steps involved in attaching hearing aid ear grips will vary slightly.1
Here are the basic steps for attaching hearing aid ear grips yourself at home.
If you need assistance attaching hearing aid ear grips, please contact the Audika Hearing Care Help Line on 1800 340 631 or visit the Audika website to Live Chat with an Audika Customer Service Representative, available weekdays from 9am - 5pm (AEDST).
How to attach hearing aid ear grips to your hearing aids
Please note: these simple instructions may differ depending on the type of hearing aid that you use.
- Remove the dome by placing your finger and thumb on the speaker / receiver-tube with one hand, and gently pinch the dome with your finger and thumb on the other hand.
- Gently pull the dome and speaker / receiver-tube in opposite directions until the dome is completely removed, with length of the ear grip facing away from the hearing device.
- Pick up your ear grip. Carefully press the speaker / receiver through the receiver-head slot of the ear grip.
- Ensure the receiver-head slot is securely attached to the hearing aid speaker / receiver. Gently straighten out the ear grip with your thumb and forefinger.
- Reattach your hearing aid dome to your hearing aid speaker / receiver securely.
- To insert the hearing device into your ear with the ear grip attached, place the device in your ear as you normally would, then lift the ear grip up and sit it into the outer part of your ear.
Watch ‘How to attach an ear grip to your hearing aid’ video demonstration
If you would like to see a video demonstration of an ear grip getting attached to a hearing aid, click here.
For instructions on how to remove hearing aid ear grips from your hearing aids, click here.
Unsure whether you should be using an ear grip?
Ear grips are not made for all hearing aid models. If you are unsure whether you need an ear grip, call us on 1800 340 631 or visit the Audika website to Live Chat with an Audika Customer Service Representative, available weekdays from 9am - 5pm (AEDST).
For assistance attaching hearing aid ear grips, or to order more hearing aid ear grips, reach out to Audika.
We know that getting to a clinic might be difficult right now. If you are having difficulty attaching your hearing aid ear grips or you need to order more, please call the Audika Hearing Care Help Line on 1800 340 631 or visit the Audika website to Live Chat with an Audika Customer Service Representative, available weekdays from 9am - 5pm (AEDST).
1Ear grips are additional accessories available for purchase. Consult your clinician or the instructions for use for your device for specific information and instructions on attaching an ear grip to your hearing aids, as this may differ between manufacturers and models. Always read the instructions for use. Follow the instructions for use. Request an appointment