ConnectClip is an additional accessory available for purchase with compatible Oticon brand hearing aids. ConnectClip allows you to turn compatible Oticon hearing aids into a wireless stereo headset, so you can make hands-free phone calls and stream music from your smartphone.1
Using ConnectClip’s remote microphone functionality, you can also listen to someone speaking from a distance.1 It is useful for listening situations where the speaker cannot maintain a close distance, such as in a lecture, meeting or presentation, speeches at a wedding or celebration, inside a car or for home listening from a distance.
ConnectClip is not compatible with certain hearing aid manufacturer models.2
How to use ConnectClip as a remote microphone
- Pick up your ConnectClip accessory and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn it on and make the accessory discoverable by your hearing aids. A green light will illuminate and remain stable. A yellow light will illuminate and begin to flash to indicate ConnectClip’s discoverability.
- Place your ConnectClip down beside your hearing aids.
- Open your hearing aid battery doors to switch both hearing aids off for one second each. Close the battery doors to switch them back on.
- Look at the lights on your ConnectClip. The flashing yellow light should stabilise and stop flashing.
- When the yellow light has stabilised and you see the stable yellow and green lights, hold the power button on your ConnectClip for 3 seconds. The yellow light will turn a pinkish purple.
- Your ConnectClip is now connected as a remote microphone to your hearing aids.
- Give ConnectClip to the person you wish to hear speaking from a distance. The ConnectClip should then be clipped onto the person’s clothing at around chest height.
- Insert your hearing aids according to manufacturer instructions. You will now be able to listen to the speaker directly in your hearing aids.
- To turn off the ConnectClip, hold the power button for 3 seconds until the pinkish purple light goes off.
Watch ‘How to use ConnectClip as a microphone’ video demonstration
If you would like to see a video demonstration on how to connect the ConnectClip to your hearing aids to use as a remote microphone, click here.
For assistance connecting your hearing aids to your ConnectClip
If you are having trouble connecting your hearing aids with your ConnectClip, call the Audika Hearing Care Help Line on 1800 340 631 or Live Chat with an Audika Customer Service Representative, available weekdays from 9am - 5pm (AEDST).
1 Oticon. ‘ConnectClip. Available: https://www.oticon.com.au/hearing-aid-users/hearing-aids/accessories/connectclip
2 ConnectClip is an additional accessory available for purchase. Hearing aid and accessory compatibility is subject to different manufacturer models. Consult your clinician or the instructions for use for your device for specific information and instructions on connectivity with ConnectClip, as this may differ between manufacturer models.
Always read the instructions for use. Follow the instructions for use.