“WIN A CRUISE OR CASH” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 26 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate Participating Audika clinics and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- A Participating Audika clinic is any Audika or Audika Australia clinic operating in Australia.
- Promotion commences on 01/10/2019 and final entries close at 5:00pm AWST on 20/12/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter and receive an automatic entry, individuals must attend an Eligible Appointment at a Participating Audika clinic during the Promotional Period. The appointment must be attended no later than 5:00pm AWST on 20/12/2019. Appointment times are subject to availability and Participating Audika Clinics may close earlier than 5:00pm AWST and/or may not be open on all days. Eligible Appointments are: screenings, tests, client or annual reviews, out of warranty appointments, fittings and follow up appointments. Eligible Appointments can be booked by calling the Audika contact centre, calling a participating Audika clinic directly, by making an appointment in person at a participating Audika clinic or by making an appointment online using the booking form on Audika website. The booking form can be found at audika.com.au/request-an-appointment. Appointments for discussions, counselling, clean and check type appointments are excluded. Bookings that are made and then cancelled during the Promotional Period will also be excluded from entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person. For clarity, regardless of how many appointments in excess of one (1) a person attends during the Promotional Period, each person is only eligible to receive one (1) entry for booking an eligible appointment at a participating Audika clinic. If an entrant makes multiple bookings at multiple participating Audika clinics, only the entrant’s first booking will be deemed valid for the purposes of this promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer, NSW, 2099 on 06/01/2020 at Midday AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Audika website (Audika.com.au) by 20/01/2020.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn from all valid entries received nationally during the Promotional Period, will win the major prize; a 16 day, Pacific Island Cruise for two (2) people, valued at a maximum prize of up to $12,500 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
- Two (2) x return economy airfares from winner's Australian nearest capital city to Sydney (if Sydney is not the winners nearest capital city);
- Sixteen (16) days twin share accommodation in a deluxe balcony room aboard a Holland America cruise ship; and
- All standard entertainment, breakfast, lunch and dinner meals served whilst aboard the ship (with the exception of those restaurants or bars which have an additional cover charge).
- A bonus $1000 in on-board credit
- The next ten (10) valid entries drawn from all valid entries received nationally during the Promotional Period will win the Minor Prize, each being awarded the prize of a $1,000 cash, to be awarded in the form of a cheque.
- If the Major Draw winner is not from NSW, the prize includes return economy airfares from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Sydney, NSW. If a winner is from NSW, then the prize does not include the airfare component of the prize and this is not redeemable for cash. If a winner is from NSW, the winner and his or her companion will be responsible for any ancillary costs associated with getting to and from the Sydney, NSW departure port. Shore excursions/activities, spending money, additional meals, travel and other insurance, visas, transport to and from departure point,, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The prize must be taken in the year 2020 and is subject to booking availability.
- During the entire duration of the Major Prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and his/her travelling companion. All components of the prize must be fulfilled at the same time and the prize cannot be split across different time periods. Individual supplier terms and conditions apply. Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The winner and his/her travelling companion must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest Australian Capital City Airport in Australia. These conditions apply for all flights. Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the promoter’s absolute and final decision.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, or other circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The maximum potential prize pool is $22,500 in cash and prizes.
- All prizes, or any unused portion of prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for the prize(s) if unclaimed may take place on 22/04/2020 at the same time and place as the draw stipulated in Clause 9, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Audika website (Audika.com.au).
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing a booking website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded (such as the statutory consumer guarantees contained in the Australian Consumer Law) the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, related companies and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any other loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including (but not limited to): (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the entrants appointment is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Oticon Australia Pty Limited trading as Audika, Suite 4, Level 4, Building B, 11 Talavera Rd, North Ryde NSW 2113 (ABN 40 061 969 006). The promotion is being conducted on behalf of Oticon Australia Pty Limited trading as Audika (ABN 40 061 969 006) and Sonic Innovations Pty Ltd trading as Audika Australia (ABN 86 007 608 460), who are related companies.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/38032; ACT Permit No. TP19/04171 and SA Permit No. T19/1535