Live Chat


How may we help you?
Enter you name to start chat.


Government hearing services

Are you eligible for subsidised hearing services?

For some people, the reason they haven’t proceeded with addressing their hearing problems could be the cost. Did you know that the Australian Government provides subsidised hearing services for people who meet certain criteria?^ Read on to see if you fit any of these criteria:

Government hearing services

Do you hold a Pensioner Concession Card, a Veteran’s Gold Card or are receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink? Or do you hold a Veteran’s White Repatriation Health Card that covers you for hearing loss?

If so you are eligible for the Hearing Services Program.

If you are a dependent of someone with a Pensioner Concession Card, Veterans Repatriation Health Card (White or Gold) or who is receiving Sickness Allowance, you share the same eligibility as the person you are dependent on.

Are you a member of the Australian Defence Force or the Disability Employment Services (DES) program?

If you are an ADF member who is either a current member of the Permanent services, or a current member of the Reserves who is rendering continuous full-time service, you are eligible for Hearing Services.

You are also eligible if you are part of the Disability Employment Services (DES) and have been referred to these services by your Disability Employment Services case manager.

Under any of the criteria above, you may apply for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.

Community Service Obligations Program

If you aren’t eligible under the above criteria, you could be eligible under the ‘Community Service Obligations’ (CSO) program. If this is the case you do not need to obtain a voucher to access services. You need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and fulfil one of the criteria below:

Are you Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander?

If so, and you are either 50 years or older, or are currently participating in the ‘Remote Jobs and Communities Program’ then you are eligible under the CSO program. You are also eligible if you were a participant in a Community Development Employment Projects Program and received hearing services before June 30, 2013.

Are you younger than 26 years old?

The CSO program allows children and young adults with hearing loss or communication impairments to receive government funded treatment.

If your National Disability Insurance Agency Planner referred you for hearing services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme you may also be eligible for Government Hearing Services.

If so, then you may be eligible for Government Hearing Services.

I’m eligible — what happens next?

If you’re eligible for the Government Hearing Services program, simply call us on 1800 340 631 and provide us with your eligibility card number (such as Centrelink or DVA) and we will assist with the next part of your application process.

Once your application is completed and your Doctor’s signature is obtained, we will arrange your appointment for a full hearing assessment at no cost* with one of our government accredited clinicians.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our clinics near you.


Australian government hearing services program

Request a FREE* appointment

Complete the form below or quote the 'Audika' website when booking your appointment in clinic. Required fields are marked^


Find your nearest
hearing clinic

Find a hearing clinic